Re: Thanks; Xy3 versus Xy4; other DOS software you'd recommend for a PDA?

At 07:30 PM 1/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
≪snip≫
One reason for my interest in Xy3 is that I'm planning to run XyWrite under a DOS emulator on a PDA (probably the Jornada 720, though Psion 5MX would do at a pinch), so the less demanding the application, the better, even at a certain cost in features. In the days of my old 486, all my wordprocessing was done using Wordperfect 5.1 (I hadn't even heard of XyWrite back then), but I reckon this is probably overkill for what I want (and the reliance on function keys is likely to be irritating).

I have an 820 that I still use for working on long plane flights, email on the road, etc. I ran Xy3 on it under XT-CE for a while but gave up because it was just too buggy. It was also slow - especially when compared to running it on an overclocked HP200LX. [I also am a Xy3 adherent, but only because it has the "sticky" state key capability lacking Xy4. I use Herb Tyson's PowerXy interface and have been very happy for a number of years with it.]

If you'll allow me to be slightly off-topic, I wonder if there's any other DOS software people on the list have fond memories of, or even still use, that I might search out for my PDA. I expect most of you have a history of PC usage that way predates mine...

Some of the DOS programs that I still use include Javelin, Agenda, InfoSelect, PageGarden and Lotus Manuscript.

Mark