Re: Thanks; Xy3 versus Xy4; other DOS software you'd recommend for a PDA?

Gavin:

I confess that I am a primitive, a software knuckle-dragger. I have a
half-dozen DOS programs I use, and another other half dozen I would use if
I could work up enough nerve in the face of crashing a well-tuned Windows
98 (set up by a technician).

I would recommend you look for the old Ziff-Davis utilities such as
Dirmatch developed by Paul Somerson and friends in the late 1980s. I also
have a don't-ask-where-I-got-it program called PC Boss that still does
everything all the Xtrees in a quicker, tidier manner. Steve Gibson's
Spinrite is still the best utility for checking your hard drive. And then
there is the raft of well-written utilities in the long-deceased Central
Point Software's PC Tools. Some of these, I believe, were incorporated
into later editions of Windows -- not necessarily in better versions.

Good luck. As the kids would say, DOS rules!

Ed