Re: Savesess in NB

At 2/5/2004 04:10 PM +0000, Carl Distefano asked a series of questions
about SAVESESS in NB7:
Michael Norman:
> On a first pass, SAVESESS does not work in NB70b (W98SE).

What does that mean? It works on a second pass, or never works?
First I tried to start it from a key. The cursor simply stays in the text
at the point where the program was invoked. NB continues to work, however,
as if nothing happened. The computer, for what it's worth, sounds as if
it's going to disk, but I can find nothing saved in any directory. After
each attempt, I search C:\ for any savesess.* file. Nothing. I also
searched all NB dirs for any *.inf file. All I get is xywwweb.inf.
 And what do
you mean by "does not work"? Does nothing?

Exactly.
 *Immediately*
after it "does not work", go to the CMline and issue ERR. What's the
report?

Error 488: SX command requires a number.
 What about launching it from the CMline (SAVESESS)?
Yes, this begins to work. I get the: *do you want to save* questions. Yes.
Then I get the *where do you want to save it and what file name.* I put in
an answer. But when I CR or XC it does not save it to the file I specified,
tmpss. Instead it creates a file called resume.del, a 5 byte file with five
small box-like figures in it. Notetab tells me it's a binary file.
 Have
you disabled sequential windows (default WN)? Command VA/NV WN. What is
the value?

The value is 1.
 After you launch SAVESESS, is any
SAVESESS.INF file written to disk?

No, checked the entire hard drive for this.

FYI CALLUP works fine in NB7.

Michael Norman