Re: NotaBene DOS 3 question

For what it's worth, I never used DOS screen commands and have not for years had problems under XP with my 40-odd screen length using Lucida monospace at about 26 points (on a 1920x1200 laptop screen). But I had problems in the past getting settings to 'take' as others have reported here. My Windows PC has been dysfunctional for months so I am without XyWrite, temporarily, for the first time since the mid-80s, but I find I can write in Apple's TextEdit when necessary.

On Jan 19, 2008 9:04 PM, Patricia M. Godfrey mailto:priscamg@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Wally Bass wrote:

> I don't use XP and don't have the jerky cursor. I think the jerky cursor
> is a windows scheduler thing.

I am convinced there is a hardware element involved too, because
several members of this list report NO jerky cursor at all
running in a window on XP (almost nobody, IIRC, gets it when
runing full-screen). Furthermore, I have a far more jerky cursor
on my W2K box than on either of three XP installations, and NONE
at all on my Vista Laptop (my only Intel CPU, but others have
reported smooth cursors on XP on AMD CPUs, so that's not it--at
least not entirely).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
mailto:priscamg@xxxxxxxx