Xywrite for Windows, Orbis and Ibid

Bob,

Let me take a stab at your question 1: A version of Orbis is currently
available for Xy4DOS. A much more robust and feature rich version is currently
under development for XyWIN, but it has not yet been released.
The XyWIN version will be much closer to the Notabene version, which I
currently use. It is a fantastic program. If it works as well in XYWIN as it
does in Notabene, TTG will have a real winner and I think sales of
XYWIN will skyrocket.

I hope that Jeff will be able to fill us in a bit, recognizing that the company
wisely wants to refrain from predicting release dates in advance.

A version if Ibid is now available for Xydos as well. I know very little about
it or how it compares to Notabene Ibid (which I also use and like a great
deal). I have heard that a version of Idid for XyWIN is also planned, but my
impression is (Jeff correct me if I am wrong) that its development is somewhat
behind Orbis(WIN).

As far as the XyDOs/XyWIN comparison, someone else will have to step in.
I use NB in the office (which can't support Windows). At home I run NB as a dos
appunder windows without major problems. I imagine Xydos will run even better.
I use XYWIN at home as my basic Windows WP, and although I have not really
pushed it very hard, I am generally pleased with it. When I get Windows
capability at work, and move over to XYWIN for my serious writing, I'll be in
much better position to evaluate it.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947