Re: 'Signature'

≪ I have a copy of "Signature" for DOS that I have never installed
 (have been using Xywrite III+ along with MS Word). Can anyone out
 there tell me if Signature (which was to have been marketed by IBM
 for Xyquest) is the same program as XyWrite 4 for DOS? ≫ --Ron Scibilia

Almost anything would be better than the notorious Signature
and apparently xyDos 4 is, but under the hood it's closer to Sig
than to xyW3, so it's less nimble than xyW3 in most regards and
has display features and serious incompatibilities that eat up
productivity long after you install it. If you juggle large files
routinely, however, upgrading is worth considering because even
without use of protected memory xyDos 4 memory management is much
improved (can be configured for expanded only).

xyWin is even flakier, but if you use Windows it may be
a better upgrade route. TTG seems to have shelved xyDos
development (so you're stuck with it in its present form)
and is devoting all resources to a xyWin successor renamed,
uh, uh--oh, yeah--SmartWords. 				--a

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================