Re: List Archives

I think I have already recommended the extremely powerful
PowerDesk as a way around the many limitations of Windows
Explorer. The current version (PD 2000 Pro) incorporates zipping
and unzipping functions that work for all the generally used
archival formats. It also includes a very wide range of viewers,
nearly the same assortment that you pay $40 or so for in
QuickView Plus. You just select the file, hit F9, and you are
viewing it. And much else, including dividing into two windows
for different directories, and later closing either of them, with
one toggle key. Since it costs about the same as the standard zip
utilities, you could say it more than pays for itself.

The URL is www.mijenix.com

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin