Windows XP Pro and XyWrite

    I just got a P4 with Win XPPro on it. Am now trying to load
stuff. Mostly DOS stuff does fine, though one stat program dies with a
"runtime error 200 at ....:....". Older Windows programs seem more
problematic. Hence my questions--if anyone can help.
    1) XY4 seems to run fine, but with one funny thing: It can go
full screen with no problem, or run in a window. But the Window will not
expand beyond something below half the screen top to bottom and less than
full width--even when clicked on full size. Any thoughts on how to make
the window bigger ?
    I think some other (all ?--can't remember) DOS programs have the
same problem.
    2) I can't get XW (XyWrite for Windows) to load. I remember that
years ago when I loaded it on my previous Win 98 machine the load was
tricky--but did work. This just keeps aborting fairly early on because it
can't find something (I can't tell exactly what--but it seems under the
impression that too much other stuff is running (based on the message it
offers--to close other programs and rebood)--even though nothing else is
and I've got 512 megs of RAM. Anyone have any experience with XP (or its
ancestral NT) ?
    Similarly--but different feedback/problems--Corel WordPerfect 7
(with its suite)--produces a message saying flat out that it will not run
in this system.
    3) And if anyone has any ideas about the runtime error on my
Anthropac stat pack, perhaps they could send me a private message !

            Thanks,
                David

David B. Kronenfeld       Phone  Office 909/787-4340
Department of Anthropology       Message 909/787-5524
University of California            Fax   909/787-5409
Riverside, CA 92521           email  kfeld@xxxxxxxx

Department: http://Anthropology.ucr.edu/
Personal: http://pweb.netcom.com/~fanti/david.html