Re: Error and Correction beeps

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Sun, 20
Jul 2003 15:43:24 -0400

> Carl, I think what John meant was creating a file, with a .BAT
> extension, containing ASC(7).

Right right, but his next point was, "Equally, in an XPL program,
displaying that character will result in a beep." My question to
him was (and remains): What exactly is the XPL code?

In DOS, as my examples show, you don't need a BATch file. A DOS
ECHO command, entered at the DOS command prompt or from the CMline
via Xy's DOS /C command, sounds the beep. Specifically, at the DOS
prompt, ECHO ^G, where "^G" is the symbol produced by Alt+NumPad 7
(not, emphatically, the keyboard characters "^" and "G").

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx