Re: Display colors, hardware issues

Reply to message from cld@xxxxxxxx (Carl Distefano) on Fri, 18 Feb 2005
00:06:17 -0500

Thanks, Carl. I'm glad to know there was a reason why it wasn't working.
And yes, transcribing Tyson's pms is sometimes by guess and by gosh. He
does _not_ explain what all his odd characters mean. (And he did say--p.
281--that the right-facing arrow character ïs the ASCII 16; though then
he tells you to hit the Esc key to produce it. Which yields nothing: key
1 [the Escape key] is =ES in my keyboard file, but hitting it puts
nothing in a file; typing PFUNC ES on the Command Line puts an ES
function in the file.)

≪but you do it once, then you forget about it≫

Yes, once on each of five (5) Xy installations. And the colors are
slightly different on each (not to mention the differences between CRTs
and LCDs). But if one can change the Lx defaults from the CM, that's a
big help.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx