From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patricia M. Godfrey
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 4:25 PM
To: XYWRITE@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Automatic file replacement in XYwin

Harry wrote:
≪I didn't know about CITE. What a great tool!≫

Indeed. Priceless for debugging dBase code (where 9 times out of 10 the
bug is my having spelled a variable name three different ways).

As for Paul's nagging problem, if deduction fails, why not try
induction: open a file and try hitting various Alt and Ctrl key
combinations until one of them triggers the bizarre behavior? You're
probably hitting Alt or Ctrl when reaching for Shift; I do all the
time--and vice versa.

Of course, George may have been right about a Windows keystroke
"leaking" through to Xy. It happens: when I copy list posts from
Thunderbird to Xy, I open them in the Tbird equivalent of expanded mode
(so I can just copy the body of the post, without all the traceroute
stuff at the beginning, or the redundant quoting of previous posts that
people WILL do). I was hitting Alt-F4 to close that window, and when I'd
switch back to Xy, I'd find that Xy had trapped the Alt key and changed
my command line (with Save on it) to the Action Bar. The only problem is
that I cannot imagine what Windows keystroke combination would do this.

Patricia M. Godfrey