Re: OT Question.

M.W. Poirier wrote:

 given that I have been using this programme
 on the same computer for almost four years, and it has never
 appeared before? I tested the programme on my dual core
 laptop, and no problem. Go figure.
Because Windows systems are never stable. in the sense of
unchanging. Try running ProcessExplorer sometime: the system is
constantly changing even if you don't do a ruddy thing. So a
program will run fine for years, and then some little thing gets
changed in Windows and it won't. Eventually, most Windows systems
(esp. 9x, but it can happen to XP too) just have so many changes
happen to them that they succumb to terminal bit-rot and have to
be completely reinstalled from scratch.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx