can anyone suggest a good program for running a web page?

Can anyone suggest a good program to manage a web page?
I can manage mine with my mac and textwrangler, but the server won't let the mac in very often.
It will let my windows machine in with filezilla, but I can't figure out how
to use filezilla. It doesn't want to show may any files, though it does say
it is uploading == trouble is I don't want it to upload, and I have no idea
what it is uploading!
also a problem -- the website server is a unix machine that won't recognize
upper case file names, and xywrite uses only upper case file names. Can
anyone suggest a fix for that?

andy t