Bugs

There are a number of bugs in chain printing that TTG has been told about
since at least 4.015. Although I rarely print out booklength stuff, I've
done so for a number of friends and colleagues, who weren't adepts at
indexing, dumping endnotes, and generally massaging things into camera ready
form. The most annoying bug appears in endnotes dumped at the end of
chapters. The first line of a page will appear indented, as if it were a
paragraph, and a word at the end is chopped off. This would happen in about
half the chapters.  The only "cure" was to tear up that page, pull the
appropriate text of the endnotes (I used the tys command to garner them) and
then format that just like the now missing page. I actually automated this
process.  At one point TTGf and I shipped files back and forth, but their
only suggestion was changing a whole bunch of formatting commands (the bt,
tp, commands) which a) was undesirable and b) simply shifted the problem to
other places.

This is in XyDos 4.017 in straight DOS, in an OS/2 VDM and is totally
independent of the hardware. HPIII and HP 4, if that matters.

auerbach@xxxxxxxx