Re: Printer list Update-RH's template

All contributing to the printer list, please use the template suggested
by Robert, below. The easiest thing for me would be if you copy it into
your e-mail and fill in your specifics. And thank you to all who have
responded privately.

Thanks,
Lisa
lkleinholz@xxxxxxxx

--- Robert Holmgren  wrote:
> May I suggest that you
> need to solicit a bit more info than just "what printers
> work". A template for user contributions might be:

1> specific version of XyWrite
2> operating system version (very important!)
3> printer make and model
4> XyWrite PRiNter file (PRN driver)
5> network printer, or locally attached to user's computer
 > type of physical PORT used (LPT, USB, serial, whatever
 >  -- VERY important info!)
6> PORT mappings (in SETTINGS.DFL and also in Port settings in
 >  the Printer "Properties" -- for example, how does user
 >  manage the trick of getting XyWrite's LPT mappings to work
 >  with a USB printer?)
7> other wrinkles deemed important by user...

=====
Lisa Kleinholz
www.kleinholz.com