Subject: Re: vDosXy - Clipboard solution

Well, I'm going to table this for now. While VDos looks slightly more elegant computationally  than XP Mode in Win7-64, I haven't been able to get Vclip to work and wacky things happen. Meanwhile, XP Mode works for me, so I'll wait to use VDos in the next 64-bit machine.

Wacky things:
I deleted the whole previous VDos and downloaded the one with Vclip included to start fresh.

I updated XYwwweb.U2 to the 10/20/2014 version in the XY directory (Editor.exe and all my files) that I have  copied within VDos. (C:\Vdos\XY).  I had already pasted the new VClip additions into XYwwweb.U2 in the XY directory.

I tried putting the new VCLIP key assignments into my XY4-3.kbd file. All I changed were CTRL-SHIFT-Z (44=) and CTRL-V (47=) in those tables. Nothing else anywhere. But doing that, the Define keys F1 and F3 stopped working--they brought up the menus from F6. So do many of the other F keys. None of their assignements were been touched in any way.

Uninstalled, carefully made sure all I was changing in the .kbd file was those two keys  (CTRL-SHIFT-Z and CTRL-V) and it happened again. So that's it for me for now. When I destroy the current computers and have to move to another 64-bit Windows, I'll try again. For now, XP mode, and what's half a gigabyte between friends?

JP