Re: Problems with XySearch

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Therefore, XySearch is down until further notice.
If anyone is absolutely desperate, I have pretty much the whole
archive of back posts on my hard drive. (Some of the older ones
are on the desktop; the laptop's drive isn't that big, and one
needs to leave room. But I can get them.) That archive can be
searched with Xy native Se or the U2 SE or SSE commands. It's a
_lot_ slower than XySearch, and you get a terrible number of
false positives, but it's better (I think at least) than nothing.
The problem is that I'm still more or less incommunicado, having
to check my e-mail at the office. (I tried one carrier's cellular
Internet, but we couldn't get a signal in my flat; see a previous
post about the technophobic citizens of this town.) So it would
take me a while to respond to requests. Would this archive (it's
got some duplication that I haven't had a chance to weed out) be
useful to post anywhere?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx