Re: XYwrite for Windows

Alexander Hellemans wrote:

> Unfortunately the printer files don't work
> and I cannot print from xywrite. Does anyone know where I can find a
> printer file (it just has to print ASCII, I submit all my articles via
> e-mail).

Wouldn't MAIL.PRN or STRIP.PRN do the job here ?

> Also, what do you do with the *.dll files that came with the downloaded
> zipfile,

What .Dll files would these be ? I don't recall ever seeing any, from Xy II+
through Xy4 (DOS versions). If you are talking about XyWin, I'm not really
familiar with that version.

> and what do you do to get an XYwrite icon on your desktop?

First you need to have a suitable icon, and List members have been posting
different ones here recently. Then you need to make a desktop shortcut. (That
is, if the install process did not automatically create one, which it probably
should have.) Finally, if the desired icon is not picked up (from your Xy
folder) during installation, to be the icon on the desktop shortcut, I'm sure
you can substitute it there after the fact. I could give you a step-by-step for
this in OS/2, but Windows users here will be in a much better position to do
that for W98.

Jordan