Re: Nota Bene files

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Derukugi wrote:

> I use Word for Word a lot. It works better than the built-in filters
> in XY-Win, but is still not perfect (Word refuses to understand
> XYwrite "leader" commands like ≪ld .≫).
> Also, it has not been updated for a while, and in fact I understand
> the company has gone out of business now.

WfW was bought up by Adobe and incorporated into the Adobe File
Utilities, but Adobe then sold it to Inso, which makes Quickview Plus,
and they say they don't intend to continue to develop WfW. Presumably
its code is being exploited for new versions of QVP, but a viewer is a
few rungs below a converter.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."