Re: XyWrite for Windows in Windows 98

Re D. Kronenfeld's problem with XW printing under Windows: the
obvious test is to uninstall all except the half-dozen windows
fonts he uses most, and try again. My guess is that, unless he
does very fancy design, he will never reinstall the rest. If that
experiment doesn't work, I would tend to smell a Win98 bug, and
would want to check the WinAnnoyances site
(www.annoyances.org/win98/), which documents them in their
multitudes. I take it every user of Win98 is aware that the first
pack of fixes has come out. See latest PC Mag. Mostly new and
useless features, to avoid interfering with bugs.

Doesn't Win98 include a utility to designate groups of fonts to
load and unload as needed? Hard to believe, but there are plenty
available in freeware and shareware. I use one called Font
Navigator, which I think came free with some program or other. I
have to admit that once I pared my fonts down to a minimum I
haven't used FN for over a year.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin