Re: XP; MFC printers

Harry, even in Win9.x there often wasn't an AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS.
You only needed them if you had some old ("legacy") or flaky hardware for
which you had to specify resources or load 16-bit drivers. Or if, like
me, you wanted to load DOSKEY (very useful if you work at the command
line and are a lousy typist) or include other folders than Windows in
your path. Both Win 9.xs have a debug mode of running Windows, and my
Win98 setup has TWO versions of DEBUG.EXE: one in the root dated 5-6-98,
the other in Windows\COMMAND, dated 5-11-98. Will try to remember to
check WinMe and Win2000 installations I have access to. Have never
touched an XP setup and never want to.
	Has anybody ever used a multifunction printer (printer-fax combination;
current ones usually have copier and scanner functions too) that can
print from XyWrite? (I could live with just printing from XyWin using the
Windows driver, but I would really like DOS printing for the occasional
non-XyWrite DOS print job, like getting a directory listing.) One would
assume the HP ones would, since they all have HPL 3 mode. Earlier Brother
ones could, according to Brother's discussion board, emulate Epson's
ESC/P, but the Brother techs apparently never heard of DOS and cannot
tell me if the current model (MFC 7100) can do so too.
Patricia