Re: Footer in Xy4 Win

Reply to note from "Adriano Ortile"  Sun, 7 May
2000 15:51:17 +0200

-> 1. When both "even" and "odd" footers are specified, only the
-> last occurrence is honored...
->
-> 2.	≪rfe≫, even alone, is honored only if the "e" (for "even")
-> is lowercase ...

Adriano:

I wasn't able to reproduce these problems using either Xy4 (v4.018)
or XyWin (v4.13). I embedded RFE's and RFO's in several files, 10-
2OK in size, some with footnotes, some without. I tried moving the
commands around (top of file, midway down). The footers always
printed correctly to screen, using either lowercase or uppercase
commands.

Since you don't remember having this problem before, I wonder if
your setup has changed since the last time you used these commands.
Try loading Xy with factory default settings (disable the line in
XWSTART.INT that loads XWSET.DFL). Any difference? Have you tried
playing with different Bottom Margin values (default BT)? Is there
perhaps something problematic in the footer contents? In my tests,
I used a simple Page Number footer, printing the number flush left
on even pages, flush right on odd.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/