Re: We should [NOT] move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

in fact I wonder if the reason DOSBox fails in some respects is due to the fact that it seeks to recreate DOS rather than use an actual DOS image.
Rafe, this reminds me of an article I wrote for PC Tech Journal maybe
sometime around 1986 on Merge/286 which ran DOS and Unix together on
a 286. If I recall correctly, they had to emulate DOS and it was
famous for running MS Flight Simulator, then one of the ultimate
compatibility tests. It certainly ran XyWrite.
Regarding the other information you and Kari have presented, I can
see that my understanding of the situation is hopelessly naive.
Can OS/2 (which I have never used, but which I understand is still
running NYC's subway system and hasn't had to be rebooted in 15
years) be run on contemporary hardware as a virtual machine?
For that matter I understand that, ethical and legal issues aside, it
isn't hard to run OS X as a virtual machine.