Re: Xy re-open files

I'm not sure I understand the question, but here goes:

In Xy4DOS, there's a menu-driven routine for saving and restoring sessions, and it saves filename,
window number, window size, cursor location, save/gets, deletions cache, and directory that was last
logged onto. Sessions can be named and recalled.

There's also a file-reopen item on the File menu that simply lists the last 20 or 25 files opened,
most recent first. These open from their original location, not the XyWrite root, but then the
routine does *not* automatically log onto their subdirectory. If memory serves, this routine is part
of the enhanced menus/dialogs I posted a few years ago and not part of the out-of-the-box version.

If you load the enhanced U2 command file that I also posted, you get a command CDX. CDX (no
arguments) simply logs onto the subdirectory of the file currently displayed on-screen. It's pretty
handy.

(Aside: the easy, but undocumented way to do this in many Windows programs such as Word is File -
Save As - Escape. Starting a Save As and canceling it logs you on to the folder of the currently
displayed file. I use it all the time.)

Myron, get in touch with me privately if you have any questions.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx