Re:

Many thanks, Harry, for your ideas. What I wanted to do
was, eg, have Xy3+ load from it's W95 DOS box with not only
a DOS command line instruction to load a particular file but
also a set of XyW command line instructions to load *other*
files in other XyW windows. I could of course do that, as
you suggest, with a different startup.int files that get
changed by the bat file that does the loading. But it would
be a lot easier and quicker to have a DOS command line
instruction that fed the relevant commands to the XyW
command line. It sounds possible that the keystack program
that you mention comes with 4DOS does that. I'll have a
look.

Thanks again,

David