Re: NBWIN

Reply to note from Michael Norman  Sun, 18
Jan 2004 12:10:10 -0500

> NB has a log and resume function and a quick call function, but
> they are not as...what...intuitive as savesess. Frankly I'd hate
> to work without savesess or something EXACTLY like it.

Unfortunately SAVESESS, I'm told, doesn't work in NBWin. It may
just be too big; at 6K it's one of the longer routines in U2. Or
there may be a discrete problem that can be addressed; I haven't
looked into it.

One feature of SAVESESS that I haven't seen anywhere else is that it
doesn't force you to close all of your open files before restoring a
saved session; the code to do that is built into the session-
information file that SAVESESS creates when you save the session.
Of course you can always SAVESESS the current session under a
different filename (or CLRW it). But there's also the option to let
SAVESESS take care of it, hands off. That was high on the list of
features I wanted to add when I wrote it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx