XPL Macro in/on a saveget key

Is anyone out there knowledgeable concerning any
size restriction for XPL macros in/on keys. I've
asked our friend Ken Frank and can't seem to get
any answer.
 I have a set of XPL macros on keys stored under
a name (name.sgt) so they are loaded each time
XYWrite starts up. Each time - on startup - I get
an error alert box indicating "ERROR LOADING
MACROS". Some of the time, one of the macros does
notr work properly (not every time, only
sometimes). When this occurs, I reload
(ldpgm,) the macro and everything is OK.
I've done a significant amount of research and
found that the only time the macro yields the
error on startup in when it is over a given size
(I rebuilt it, step by step until it fails By
adding the same code over and over). The only
thing that appears to be the problem is size.
 I suspect I must either re-program to reduce the
size or move the execution from a saveget key to a
CTRL key. I can do either, but I would prefer to
remain with SAVEGET as my use of CTRL keys is
getting large.
Thanks
Dick Giering