Re: DOS box creepers and Tame (taskbar icons)

** Reply to message from Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 1 Nov 2002
07:05:56 -0800

Brian:

> Apparently, Pomona University's virus scanner was designed by the Chicken
> Little Co. Two (up-to-date) virus scans and a consult with our IT dept says
> there is no virus on my machine....
> The only thing I can think of is that the attached "favicon.ico" file has
> something within it that "looks" virus-like to Pomona....
> So unless the fact that I sent the message in rich-text has anything to do
> with it...?

Hmmm. I ran my virus scanner against yr msg twice yesterday, and it came up
clean. But I assumed that Pomona had stripped out the offending file(s),
because they cite one of them by name, ZQ.SCR, and it is not part of your msg
as received here...

I got four attachments:
an HTML copy of your text msg [no need to send those!]
the "X-III" icon in JPG format (XYCON.JPG)
the "X-III" icon in Windows ICO format (FAVICON.ICO)
an (illegally-named?) file called OUTLOOK..BMP, which is the "X-III" icon in
BMP format

I also don't see any "rich-text" version of your msg, as received here...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx