Off-topic: Spam

This follows on someone's recent comment here about computer virii and
the
possible intelligence level of those who disseminate them. (Maybe not
*create*
them, as that will require some knowledge and some skill.)

I get plenty of Spam each day, but not *quite* enough to push me into
taking more
aggressive counter-measures. A lot of it is loaded with JavaScript
code, even in
the subject header & / or the "From" field (which gets rendered as
garbage characters),
and is all that one would see prior to opening it.

How incredibly stupid are these Spammers -- or how incredibly stupid
must they
know very many of their recipients to be -- for them to imagine that
anyone with
a lick of sense is going to open an unknown message that presents
itself that way ?

Jordan