RE: TTG's BBS and Applic.Notes

Bob Brody wrote:

> I see the [Include Bot] is in the NOFRAMES block of the source
> code, which is what will happen when a no frames browser hits the
> page. Perhaps that's what you encountered and the robot isn't
> installed just yet. Which browser did you use?

Microsoft Internet Explorer (Japanese edition), version 2.
As you correctly assume, that browser isn't frame-capable, which seems to
be the reason why I only get the "Bot" message (from which there is
absolutely nowhere to go, at least in the current incarnation of the
page). In fact, I had already suspected something along those lines and my
message was (half) tongue-in-cheek. But thanks for taking the trouble of
checking it out and responding here.

In the past, I did in fact try MIE version 3 (which can do frames) but
went back to version 2 for various reasons (it is more compact and faster,
and has--to me--highly useful one-click toggles for font size and for
Japanese and Western encoding, a choice that has become buried in menus in
version 3). Since my main use of the Internet is text-related, I don't
feel a burning need for frames, and I certainly won't upgrade my browser
only to experience the TTG site in all its dubious glory.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx