Re: off topic: enhanced DOS ?

Russ Urquhart wrote:

> I was reading a post that stated that, as far as MS-DOS, etc. went you
> needed at least version 7.0 of DOS for Fat-32. Supposedly MS still
> offers MS-DOS in a version 7.10.
>
> I just check on my PC-DOS that is emulated under Virtual PC. It is
> version 7.0 and i am currently running a 2Gig harddrive, so I guess
> this is true!

Thanks for your reply, Russ. First, let me correct a mis-typing: I
obviously
meant to say 8 Gig., rather than 8 meg. ! With or without some provision
for
dealing with FAT-32 partitions, which wouldn't be that hard to implement,
your example does not really test my thesis. If you were running a *20* G.
hard drive, instead of a 2G. (assuming you did not also mis-type), and told
me you could see to _the end_ of it from the DOS you have -- whether
standalone
or part of an emulation core -- that would be suggestive of the answer I am
looking
for.

Jordan