On the other side of the garden wall....

.... It is rather quiet on the XY side, so
I looked over the fence at the NB side.
It is quiet too, but you might some some interesting things
there.
   NB = NotaBene the XY core with a multi-lingual
   font around it. It is often used by biblical
   (Greek, Hebrew, Latin scripts on the same page)
   scholars.

   For XY, I would suggest that the important thing
   is that it uses XPL, our very own XYwrite programming
   language.
   Some of the items and features down below might be
   of interest in formatting or paging.
   NB files and fixes are posted on the internet-famous
   SimTel archive. NB has it's own netnews group if you
   don't want to subscribe to the list itself.
   The expert on this XY list is Dorothy Day who reads
   both.
.. and the excerpt that caught my attention...
FYI - Nota Bene UK Ltd. is NOT back... I am a sadder, wiser(?)
poorer person - but it's still the best WP software I know!