Re: Help Screen Problem

For Kenneth Frank:

    I'm sorry to have to send this message to everybody in
the world just to get it to you, but I don't have your personal
'Net address anymore.

    Below you will find copies of two previous messages which
I sent to XYW Tech Support in the past couple of weeks. The
first one explains a problem which recently cropped up, and the
second was a follow-up to see what was happening. Since I've
received no answer to either one, I assume that NOTHONG is
happening.

    When I was a subscriber to the XyWrite List I recall a
message or two from you extolling the virtues of your customer
support and tech support services, and downplaying the horror
stories from various folks about their experiences with Tech
Support. I'm curious, do you really feel that no response at all
to my previous two messages is good customer/tech support? Even
a return message telling me to go to hell would have been better
than no reply at all.

    The CompuServe address for Tech Support WAS advertised as
somplace that problem descriptions could be sent. I guess you
forgot to add that no action would be taken on those problems,
and no replies would be sent to the folks experiencing the
problems.

    So, what's the verdict? Should I just forget about my
problem and try to operate with no Help screens? Or is there
some possibility that XYW
Tech Support could at least let me know that they do or do not
intend to try and find a solution? All your words about how TTG
really does care about their customers ring hollow in light of
this situation--which is a pretty typical one from this vantage
point. Thank you for your time.

            ..........Dick Williams

P.S.

    Can I also assume that the Column Tables fix will never
see the light of day either?

--[ FORWARDED PRIVATE MESSAGE ]--------