Re: Further on How to toggle Numlock

> Look, while I'm at it, here's the complementary file, to turn NUMLOCK ON.
> What we're doing here is simply subtracting (off), or adding (on), 20h
from
> the value in the keyboard handler. You'd add/subtract 40h for CAPS, and
> etc.

I have recently changed my operating system from Os/2 Warp to Windows NT 4.
Much of my work involves PC/Focus, which is a Dos database management
system. When I invoke XyWrite from within Pc/Focus, I want CapsLock to be
ON (Focus requires its programs to be written all in upper case), and when
I quit Xywrite, I want CapsLock to be turned off. Before I switched to NT,
this was absolutely no problem - I tweaked a debug script supplied by PC
Magazine to accomplish this (CAPSON.COM and CAPSOFF.COM). Under NT, neither
these, nor any other such, programs do anything at all. So, as you can
imagine, I was very interested to see your 8 and 11-byte offerings. But
only one works, and then only partially.

Having loaded XyWrite, I type DO NUMLKON and press enter. This works fine,
except that the NumLock light does NOT come on. And if I now press NumLock,
the light comes ON, but the NumLock functionality within XyWrite goes OFF
(this is getting to be somewhat like Alice in Wonderland).
But DO NUMLKOFF does absolutely nothing.

And I tried changing the 1st 20h (byte 5) to 40h in NUMLKON. This does
nothing. Then I changed the 2nd 20h reference (byte 8). This crashed
XyWrite! Any ideas?