Re: FW: Re: DeScribe Voyager??

>I wonder too, and have concluded that all of the XyWrite products will not
>survive another year. Other products are developing filters for HTML,

 Well, probably another year, but --- ? Anyway, for the last three days
I've been downloading text files from the net an importing (?) parts of them
as quotes in a paper I'm writing. What a pain -- luckily, I'm using OS/2, of
course, so I can call them up into a file manager (FM/2) which has file
viewing capabilities, and then cut and paste them into the document. Don't
believe I could do this in dos/windoz since, (A) the file names are too
long, and (B) their fomat in a doz app is bonkers. It is in XY too, of
course, that's why can't just call them up in it. which is what makes it
such a pain.
  BTW, I can call the same files up in Starwriter or Clearlook (and
probably Describe, but I deleted v. 4 of that long ago and don't have 5 yet)
and they read them fine. Much slower, of course, in everything, from XY, but
then right now I'm forced to use a 386dx25 with no cache, so everthing seems
glacial. But still, XY is pretty much up to speed, -- on a 486 or 586 there
wouldn't be as much difference. SW had to make me choose a filter (ASCII/ANSI)
but Clearlook didn't. Still, despite that, SW was much faster than CL. For
that operation, at least.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!