Footnote numbers

Your shouldn't need to specifically spec them as superior. As the XyWin
manual states "By default, footnote numbers in text print in superscript
mode" (10-24, note 1). I'm pretty sure that was the case in DOS too. The
oddity is that in either XyW4 for DOS running in a DOS window in 32-bit
Win, or in XyWin, the superior numbers only appear sup. in WYSIWYG view.
In draft or expanded they look full-sized. I don't think that used to
happen in pure DOS. Will check this afternoon on my DOS machine at the
office. If you do spec them, it's done in the FM (footnote format)
command or window.
Patricia M. Godfrey
P and Q Editorial Services