DOS 5.0

4DOS and MS-DOS 5.0 are entirely compatible, as far as I can tell.
4DOS is not a real competitor for either of the first two products;
it is a replacement for COMMAND.COM only, not the other two "system"
files, so you can use it with other "DOS's." I loaded MS-DOS 5.0 and
4DOS 3.03 and they work fine together as far as I can tell. A brief
announcement in the 4DOS conference on another BBS mentioned that
4DOS will be a part of the new version of Norton Utilities, named
NDOS. It will offer special support for the other utilities, but
the author of 4DOS promises a regular shareware upgrade to 4.0 sometime
later this summer; it's in Beta now. Since you can buy DOS 5.0 at
Egghead for about $40, I'd go for it!