Manifest

I got Manifest 1.0 to run by using SETVER. I ran it three times; it did
take a while to get beyond the first screen, though, so maybe you should
just wait for an inordinately long time before giving up. Come to think
of it, I think once after using SETVER it didn't load, and twice it did.
I was playing with other stuff at the time, and didn't pay attention
to it so I don't remember exactly, so just because it didn't work, you
might try to reboot and try again. Setting SETVER to fool a program
doesn't take effect until you reboot. I have a message on another
BBS in the Desqview conference to find out if there is a later version
of MFT that doesn't need this work-around for 5.0, (and whether a
later version of QEMM than the one I have will let me use its
BUFFERS.COM with 5.0 as well).