Re: Highlighting a line

In <970320142609_1781917394@xxxxxxxx>, on 03/20/97
  at 02:26 PM, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx said:

>Maybe you're defining the problem with the supposed solution. If you
>want to be able to find the cursor (rather than literally highlight a
>line), you might consider running XyWrite under Windows from a DOS box.
>If the DOS session is windowed, you can use any of a number of utilities

Thanks to you and everyone else who responded.

Finding the cursor is only part of the problem. I started to think about this
when I was considering jettisoning my resource-hogging phone directory program
and using a simple XyWrite file; it would be a great convenience to be able to
scroll down the file, and have each line be highlighted as I did so. I had hoped
there was some simple way to do this, since it's a normal function for Qedit.

If it's gonna take a lot of fiddling, I'll stick with my kludgy phone directory.
Actually, the real problem is the size of the directory--more than 700 entries.
ALmost ANYTHING but a straight ascii file is going to be slow.

As for Windows: perish the thought. But I might look around for a good
OS/2 cursor program, since I DO run Xy/Dos from a DOS box.

           James D. Besser, Washington Correspondent
   Fax: 703.978.3675 * E-mail: jbesser@xxxxxxxx , jdbesser@xxxxxxxx
          PO Box 1292, Springfield, VA 22151