Re: Windows 2000 question

Flash wrote:
Automatic updates have other disadvantages, too, apart from locking up your CPU and network when you least expect it. I strongly advise shutting them off, epsecially the Widows autoupdate function.
I NEVER let Windoesn't update. Normally don't let other things either,
but, as I said, Grisoft's AV is small and fast, and normally doesn't
cause problems. But evidently it uses some RAM or IRQ or something
that Xy also uses when loading.
get yourself a ZoneAlarm to make _sure_ things are not updating themselves in the background without your say so.

Of course.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx