Re: XyW Installation

[Harry Binswanger:]

>I was wondering what on earth could be the difficulty in installing Xy, now
>I see you tried to install it through Window's installation routine. Sure,
>now I can see the problems. XyDOS is not a Windows program and does not
>need to be "installed" at all.

   I'm sure, when I put XyWrite on my hard drive, that I did run an
installation program from the DOS prompt that came with it. I did this
straight off the floppy disks XyWrite came on. Amongst other things, I had to
choose whether I wanted an XyWrite 3 style interface or an XyWrite 4 style
interface (what Windows program offers you a choice like that?), and many other
things.
   So I'm not quite sure what you mean, Harry, when you say XyWrite should not
be installed. If I did this wrongly somehow, could that be connected to the
problems I've had with XyWrite? It doesn't seem likely, though.
   Yes, I did have to install it; but it was definitely not a Windows
installation routine, and I can't even see how once could use that to install
XyWrite, since it's not a Windows program (well my version isn't anyway).

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.