Re: new pc finally arrived and have to make decisions-help

Russ, Robert:
That was a profoundly interesting and informative disputatio, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people on this list when I thank you for it.
If we want a computer catch-phrase that can be unreservedly condemned
and castigated, ubique, semper, et ab omnibus, let me give you this
(which I have heard too often from other writers and editors): "What's
the least I need to know to use this thing?" Gad, have they NO
intellectual curiosity? (Probably not; they're very likely the same ones
who told me not to go into such detail in my grammer for editors course,
but just give them "10 common errors and how to fix them." What a waste
of education!)

Patricia M. Godfrey