Re: File conversions

Harry wanted to know how to export. It's in the SaveAs menu. If memory
serves, there may be some command-line documentation in the Command
Reference. But this is one place where the dialogs really do make it easier.

Unfortunately, there are 3 flavors of RTF exports, and that can be confusing.
 Use the PC flavor. Same with the ASCII exports, and I don't know which one
to recommend. Try 'em all. Some preserve line breaks; others translate your
text into hard breaks.

I developed some quick export/import routines that run from the command line
("run rtfin.pgm" or "run rtfout.pgm filename.rtf"), and they may be in the
ftp site for this list. Let me know if you can't find them (actually, it's a
template of a program that you can customize for specific filters). Handy if
you customarily export/import to/from only one or two formats. Also, I
developed a batch conversion for importing; I think it's in the enhanced
menus. It involves a U1 file.

Hope this helps.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx