Re: A very basic printing question re XY3

J R FOX wrote:
[I'm about to do up a new box for myself and it apparently has NO MB headers for Parallel or for PS/2. Based on some other-system trials, I would expect my USB --> PS/2 adapters to work well, so I should not have to give up my Omni Key keyboard or preferred mouse. But I'm not as sure about the USB --> Parallel adapter I bought, or whether one might overload and generate confusion with too many USB devices connected. Should that turn out to be a problem, I'll have to look at the other solutions, since all my own printers remain Parallel interface.]
There ARE Mobos out there with Parallel and PS/2 ports. Try Acer
and Asus. Last but one and last but two mobos at the office are
Asus (AMD CPUs) and have them. Come to think of it. so does the
last, a PowerSpec from MicroCenter (Intel Core 2). Had to, as our
main printer is an ancient HP 4000N.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx