Re: General Info

Leslie, that's a good point, however the current XyWrite user base cannot
possibly sustain the growth required for the company to remain indefinitely
viable. Therefore we are seeking out new markets as well as maintaining our
existing base. Because development effort is placed on the design of new,
related products, we cannot provide as timely fixes as let's say four years
ago... but we do provide more frequent maintenance updates than most
competitors. Look, I cannot get into editorial comment with you or others
here, as much as I'd like to. I do it only to provide you with additional
insight as to the direction of product development, etc. However, I cannot
provide you with information other than that which is of technical content.
And even at that, I sometimes struggle to provide the answer. This product is
extremely complex and flexible. Because of this, XyWrite gets into more
trouble than most word processors. Many times this trade-off is well worth it
to our users, I know it is for me.

Back to your point about the button sets... we have buttons available for
macros 0-9 and A-Z. Under View, Button Sets, Change, you can create your own
group of buttons and load them in the cycle. If you have your save/get file
loaded, simply create a new button set (from the Edit Button Cycle dialog
frame) with a name of your choice. You will then need to choose the buttons
(fom the Available Buttons list at the left) for your new set. Now there are
buttons available if you scroll down the list which are designed for your
saveget macros. For example, as you scroll down the button list you will be
presented with buttons which are labeled "Macro 0", "Macro 1", etc. You simply
click on each of the buttons of which your save/get file uses (i.e., A,B,C,
1,3,6, etc.). Each button will be added to your new set when you click on the
Add option on this frame. Try creating a small sample set which includes just
a few of your save/get keys, then load it from that same frame (there is a load
option). Ensure that the buttons function properly, then if so, create the
complete new set.

SysOp