[no subject]

Dear Fellow XywritersI need to get a new Pc and would appreciate advice.

At present I have a Dell Optiplex 780 with a 3 gigahrz processor, 4 gigs of
ram and a 250 gig hard drive which is less than half filled. My Dell Gold
support warranty (which I am very satisfied with) also provides 24 7
telephone support will expire in May. Until my pc startedg to run into
problems, I was very happy with the way my computer worked and with the way
my dos programs ran.  I want to get a new dell so that I can continue with
Dell Pro Support and not worry about a physical breakdown of a system
without a warranty.

I am now running Windows xp 32 bit. For all of my purposes this system is
more than adequate for my needs. From my perspective XyWrite, Word for Word
which converts XyWrite to Wordperfect 5.1 and Wordperfect 5.1 run perfectly
fine and I want to continue running them on a new Pc in windows xp. I am
very comfortable creating and editing documents in Xywrite and do not want
to change. I have looked at Nota Bene, but I am too set in my ways to want
to start to learn new keystrokes that I have been using for over 20 years.

I convert my Xywrite files to Wordperfect so that I can print them on a an
HP lazerjet 5. I have two HP lazerjet 5 printers and enough toner
cartridges to last me for many years. I think that WordPerfect 5.1 still
produces the best looking documents of any wordprocesor

The discussion on the List Serve about tweaking later versions of Windows to
run Xywrite is way over my head.

In talking to Dell Pro Support, and not their sales department, I think my
best option is to get an Inspiron Pc (the bottom of Dell Desktop offerings
with a 3 gigahrz processor, 16 gigs of ram in 4 sticks and two physical hard
drives and a parallel port card. One hard drive would have Windows XP
installed on it so that I can continue to run Xywrite and WP 5.1 and one
with Windows 8 or 10 so that I can surf the internet efectively
.
The Dell Gold Support technicians thought that using the boot device menu in
the f12 setup menu on bootup to select which drive to go to was my best
option. I am not looking to multi-task where I would go back and forth
between two operating systems.

I would appreciate all suggestions and comments.

I have tried to follow the discussions about tweaking later versions of
windows with tamedos vmware etc. and other programs and these are way over
my head.

avromf@xxxxxxx
718 434 7696