Delete Buffer +

Dear SysOp: I can see several easy ways (using command UNDEL) to get all or
part of a large deletion buffer (the "Undelete/Clipboard Text") into a disk
file; but is there any way to write a disk file back into the deletion buffer
-- thus, to store the buffer overnight and resume with it next day? Also, how
do I manipulate the "&Play Back" option in DG Undelete frame {{k,0z}}?
Sometimes it inserts the entire deleted block into text, other times it
requests a spacebar hit before spitting out consecutive individual words in the
block. Don't get it! (Can't even find UNDEL in the manual.) Do not
understand the difference between, say, "UNDEL/3" and "UNDEL/3-100" and
"UNDEL/3-100/NV"? Actually, NV must mean to put an entire block at once; but
what of 3 vs. 3-100? Would the "100" refer to the number of entries in the
K-frame's dialog box, or to a user-designated maximum number of blocks held in
the buffer (default D1)? Third out of 100 blocks -- or something like that...

BTW, anent TG's decision to tie its fortunes to Windows: I was jarred to read
today in PCMag 23 Nov p.19 that "the lack of a serious command line will kill
NT's potential in the eyes of most of the Unix system administrators that I
know . . . " Lack of a command line??

Last question: I remember, long ago, XyWrite actively offered itself (in its
literature) as a command shell "alternative" to DOS. I've always used it, when
running, for lots of DOS-like tasks (copying, deleting, etc) -- simply because
easier than shelling out to the OS. But I assume that Xy is only a front end,
and that it hands these tasks via regular calls to the OS to execute? It
doesn't do any direct hardware work, does it? That would be not-so-good under
OS/2... in view of extended attributes &c. Does Xy4 still bypass the system
for direct video?