Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

 Concerning XY4 and XP Pro on a desktop:

 I think that I can point out something that I find annoying, in fact,
 very annoying when running XY4 under XP Pro. I find that the screen
 font is terrible, and yet it would not be so bad were it not for the
 fact that there is not enough space between the lines. Maybe there
 is a way of correcting this, but I have not found it. If anyone can
 solve this problem, I'd like to hear from you. I'm with you Robert
 when you say that the jumpy cursor is not all that troublesome.

 I have to say that an ideal setup, for me, would be the one that existed
 under Win95, i.e., running XY4 in a Dosbox. But that is a thing of the
 past. So I've taken to running XY4 on my old Win95 machine, and I pray
 that I can keep this machine operating from some time into the future.

 Maybe just one point, some of my friends tell me that perhaps the best
 solution would be to use DOS 2000 on my new machine, and forget about
 Windows, since I rarely use Windows programmes anyway. To tell the
 truth, I hate them. I'm considering it.

 M.W. Poirier

-----