Re: TAME Pre8

Michael wrote:
I also have to add the following to Xywrite.app.tam to increase the key repeat rate for delete:

/KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom1
   RepeatChannel=BIOS RepeatRate=25
   IncludeScan=#53   ;** DEl   ...
Aha! Thanks for that tip. I had problems with the slowness of the Del and
Delete keys.
I got the 2's and W's in an earlier iteration, but not in this one, Pre8. Also I'm not sure Harry's procedure of simply renaming folders to test the latest version and leave the working version on the drive works on all systems, though D. Thomas says it should. I found that you must be careful to copy your working _default.pif.view-tam (this is the Tame 5.1 folder under My Documents) and store it in a safe place, then copy it back to said location if you revert back to your previous working version. This makes me think there may be files or settings left over from previous TAME installs on Maben's system.

Yes, there are. I just didn't find these a problem.
Since TAME -- a working version of TAME -- is so vital to my daily output, I'm careful to preserve the two main settings files -- _default.pif.view-tam and Xywrite.app.tam.
Great names, huh ?. And why are they in two widely scattered
directories? And why is one under My documents (of all things)?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx