Re: Buying new computer - what operating systems will work with Xywrite

"Avrom Fischer"  wrote:

> I know there is a limitation on windows 98se when the ram is over half a
> gig but there is a work around at least up to one gig because I am now
> running windows 98se on an old Dell with one gig of ram.. Is there a
> work around at 4 gigs for windows 98se. Unfortunately I no longer
> remember what the work a is or where I got it from.

Google "Windows 98 RAM limit" and find it out for yourself.

A fairly good explanation is here:

http://www.memorystock.com/windows-memory.html

> ... xp for surfing the net, email, opening documents that come in other
> formats than text mode , looking at pictures I receive in email and ocr.
> I never create or edit graphics or video or music or games.

What on earth do you want 4 gigs of memory for then? Total overkill, if
you ask me.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx